This project is funded by a grant from Longview Foundation.
Purpose: Increase visibility of International Education by linking
it to teaching success
Timeframe: Fall, 2005 (when Teacher of the Year for 2006 is
- Carolyn Tolas, Vice President, State Board of Education, member of
2003 State Team
- Lili Hein, Trade Development Alliance of Greater Seattle, member
of 2003 State Team
Status as of: 12/28/2006 | 3/31/2006 |
9/27/2005 | 7/27/2005
- Susan Barnard used part of her International Education
Scholarship to bring a group of students up to Seattle for an
international learning experience on December 18, 2006. They sent
lovely thank-you letters to the Coalition:
- Coalition Representatives Michele Anciaux Aoki and Jennifer Geist
were invited to the Governor's Mansion for the annual Teacher of the
Year award ceremony. They presented a $1500 scholarship award to Susan Barnard,
along with resources and information about international education.
- The Coalition was recognized at the OSPI Press Conference on
October 18 for the International Education Scholarship offered to the
Teacher of the Year.
- The new Teacher of the Year Susan Barnard of CHOICE High
School in Shelton, WA.
- The Coalition has been invited to the OSPI Press Conference on
October 18 when the 2006 Teacher of the Year will be announced.
- The 2005 Teacher of the Year, Tamara Steen, is planning to
use her International Education Scholarship to attend an international
conference in Guam this summer.
back to top